Saturday, March 6, 2010

Don't Be A Stranger, Pasqual

I have not written in this blog for a while...
As a matter of fact, I forgot I even had a blog until I ran into it on my bookmarks bar.
Anyway, I was reading my old posts and it was crazy to see how much I have changed since high school. I think change is a beautiful thing. I used to hate it; I always wanted things to remain at a constant. But I realize now, that change is necessary for everything.
I dreaded college, and I thought my life would turn upside down because all of my friends were going to different places, including my girlfriend.
But now, I appreciate it. Yes, there have been hard times, but that's just the freshman adjustment, and it will be easier next year.
More than anything, I have spent time alone.
Everyday I drive 60 miles on average, to and from school. Sometimes it takes me an hour, sometimes 2 and a half. That whole time, I'm alone in my car.
I was never used to being alone. I always had my brother with me, or my friends, or my girl. I was never alone.
At first it made me feel uncomfortable to be alone; I felt like a loser, or like I was doing something wrong. But now, I like it. To me, the road is a time for me to think, reflect, and predict.
Most of the ideas I get have been from driving on the freeway.

So before I go, a quick update for future reference. I'm still with Robin, I am a freshman at Chapman University, majoring at the film school in Creative Producing. I have an internship at the City of Brea TV and broadcast station. I still think Sublime is the greatest band ever, but I don't mind popping in some Bad Brains or Kanye West or even Public Enemy; depending on my mood. I still go to the gym a lot; not every day, but I try. I'm currently writing a screenplay to a movie called: "Thanks for Waiting", which I hope to film one day. Still love my brother. Still love my Mom and Dad. Oh yeah, and I got a dog. His name is BUD. I love him, too. He's watching me write this.


Change is growth.

No comments: